It was filled with artists, writers, and musicians from all over the world.
I met a poet from Greece, an art historian from Russia, a viola player from Vancouver, and several painters from England.
It was kind of a private concert from jazz violinist Mario Forte and his fellow violin player (whose name I never caught).
After we all chatted and got to know each other over some glasses of wine, everyone sat down, the guys sat on the floor and began their performance.
As they played, Mario recorded some of their notes and layered them over each other with a portable audio board.
A very cool and inspiring performance.
Didn't I see this scene in Midnight in Paris?
ReplyDeleteHaha! Exact!
ReplyDeleteAmazing. You have to check this out. http://www.blogotheque.net/2009/04/26/andrew-bird-et-st-vincent/
ReplyDeleteI want to be at this party. Remember playing the eventual well-traveled violin in the flea market? The strings were broken and you still played a few notes!
ReplyDelete