I just started listening to this New York band a few weeks ago, but quickly fell in love with their infectious, psychedelifunky sound. Imagine my good luck to find that they'd be playing in Paris for just €15! I splurged.
I arrived at the venue and The Fantastic Nobodies opened up the show.
They were pretty good; I really liked their sound but the lead singer took a few songs to open up.
I can understand being intimidated - Parisians, I've found, do not dance at concerts. It's very sad.
PHB came out and all SIX members of the band tore up the stage with their bass-pumping beats.
Lead singer Laura Marin was gorgeous and guitar player/vocalist Luke O'Malley, decked out in a sequined shirt, brought a lot of sass and enthusiasm to the show.
I stood at the front of the crowd and there was still five feet between me and the stage. But YES, I DANCED!
For one song, PHB said, "Paris, we need you to get down!" and the whole band crumpled into a dancing crouch. I yanked on Elsa and Vincent's sleeves to get them to get down with me and the one other dancing audience member standing beside me. Finally, O'Malley leapt off the stage with his guitar and MADE us get down.
And yes, Phenomenal Handclap Band did clap their hands a lot.
It was great fun, right Elsa?
Right, Sound Guy?
Right.
No comments:
Post a Comment