Monday, March 5, 2012

Kitchen Adventures

I hope Santa's grandma sent him some long underwear for Christmas, because hell may have frozen over.


That's right, fans, I have been cooking.


I have this Bookmarks folder on my browser of recipes I want to try, so I decided dammit, it's time to start! Dreaming of a five-cheese baked macaroni dish I used to have eons ago, I found what seemed to be similar and began my culinary journey with this recipe from Giada DeLaurentiis, but adapted it to switch out the egg noodles to the far-superior fusilli as well as to forget the parsley (on accident). I also added way more cheese on top than what was called for. As I always say, more cheese!


When the time came to mix the noodles with the flour/cream/milk/cheese mixture, I decided to follow my grandma's advice and get my hands dirty. Sometimes that's the only way to blend. And it's also kind of fun.


It turned out pretty good - well, the crusted part on top was good, but the inside could have used more flavor. Next time I would probably add more salt and some butter, and maybe some cheddar? Let's live on the edge, Giada.


And there's nothing like leftover mac-and-cheese crust!

No comments:

Post a Comment