Friday, March 2, 2012

Once Every Four

Hey neighborhood, what's going on?


What is everybody looking at?


And what is that infernal racket, which sounds like it jumped straight out of a Dr. Seuss book about parades?


And why is everyone covered in confetti?


OH right it's LEAP DAY!


So why not have a street fête?



In honor of Leap Day (and inspired by "30 Rock") I donned some blue and yellow and decided to do something I've never before. Or at least so I thought!

I decided to visit Cité, an island right in the middle of the Seine, because I thought I'd never been there. But when I arrived I realized I'd been there once last time I was in Paris, and I recognized it by its flower market.




It's nice to see pops of color emerging in the city, and on the last day of February no less.


Oh well. That didn't stop me from enjoying a coffee in the sun, after removing my coat, because it was just that nice out. Spring is in the air!




Ah, there is nothing like café life, and the life of a proper flâneur.


2 comments: