Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Day To Wander

Last Sunday I attempted to go to the Colette Carnaval. However, as I found in New York, in Paris if there's a free thing to do, everyone will be there. When I arrived, I found the line to be nearly the length of the Jardin des Tuilleries and decided to wander instead.


The light that day was incredible - the weather was cool but not cold, and it was sunny, and all over the gardens there was a pale haze that settled over the new flowers and grass. The light was neither cool nor warm - actually it was both.






These bare branches may not remain bare for long.


I wandered north and my ears were drawn to the boisterous sound of a brass band. I stumbled upon this fiesty group of femme horn players.


They were fantastic! I have no idea who they were.




Not bad for an afternoon of changed plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment