Thursday, April 15, 2010

Putting Things Together

Last night I had an art opening for the New York NoHo Artwalk - an event that I, regrettably, could not attend. However, upon speaking about my collages to the lovely family with which I am living, a wonderful recommendation was given unto me - an exhibition of the work of collagist Erró, on display at the Centre Pompidou.

And, as my days consist of waking at noon and asking myself what I feel like doing, this morning I said to myself, "Ah yes, how about that collagist?"

The Centre Pompidou is a super cool space.


And though I did rather enjoy the collages of Erró...




... I loved the feminist art exhibition they had going on even more, entitled Elles.


These two posters are amazing. I highly recommend clicking on the image to better view the words.


"They made women's rights look good. Really good." Ahahaha.



And afterward I perused the permanent collection, which brought my mind back to collage, in the form of assemblage...



Merci, Centre Pompidou.


avec l'amour,
*jenna*

No comments:

Post a Comment