Well, after a few weeks of panicking after my roommate told me I'd have to leave our place in Montmartre, I've been touched by divine intervention or the graces of the universe or whatever and landed in a truly wonderful apartment in east Paris where I'll spend my last few months... living all on my own (finally)! Since you won't be able to see it for yourself, I'll show you around virtually.
This beautiful red door near Le Chiquito is mine!
Then we walk past the first building of apartments and through this lovely courtyard...
And if you look up, that tippy-top window up on the left is mine!
Then we walk up seven super-fun flights of stairs, basically until we think we might die, but our glutes will be the better for it. Buns of steel.
Et bienvenue... welcome to the most insanely girly apartment ever created.
Let me note here that I only arrived with 2 suitcases and 2 boxes (almost no décor besides Post-Its, a map of Paris and a movie poster you'll see in a sec). I'm told my
friend's father-in-law (who the apartment belongs to) went through the
place decorating it with little cutesy touches "pour Jenna." I mean, I
like color, but this is just hilarious.
My petite kitchen...
(view down to the courtyard from that window)
And here are some roses that my friend's husband bought for me when I took them out for dinner to thank them for the apartment and helping me move...
The little fridge, which my "landlord" decorated with flyers for upcoming events happening around the area, plus a towel with adorable little macarons embroidered on it. I thought it was the perfect place to also hang the apron given to me by Grandma Mickey (for use when making pies)...
ET VOILÀ! LA CHAMBRE DE MAGIQUE (ET COULEURS):
The bedspread is bright pink and has the words "home design" written all over it, because, I guess, what else is there to say? And I'm happy I finally have a place to put my "Quelle Joie de Vivre" poster.
And here is my work space:
The cupcakes/candies artwork is nice and all, but I did replace one with a photo of me and my Pengabears Kerri and Shannon. So, while I'm working during the day/blogging/perusing the Internet, this is my view (note the "France, Travel, Bon Voyage, With Love" artwork, and "Americains" book):
And this is a ceramic pup whom I'm calling Hank, who guards my headbands with style:
Then at night, I switch to the other side of the table (like I'm going to a different office) and work on fiction with this view of my inspirational Post-It Notes (Romy and Michele would be flattered):
Ah, it's so nice out today, let's open the window, shall we?
If you'll look to your right, you'll see some neighbors and the church Notre-Dame-de-la-Croix (there are actually several "Notre Dames" in Paris), which rings different chime combinations pretty much every 15 minutes of the day. It's lovely.
And to your left, you'll see:
Which sometimes transforms into this:
You can kind of see the tip-top of that famous tower there. Oh here, she's easier (and nicer) to see at night, when she sparkles:
So yeah, I'm pretty happy. I feel so fortunate to get to spend my last few months living in Paris the way I've always wanted to. Stay tuned for a tour of my new 'hood!
Bunny!
ReplyDeleteForever Bunny.
ReplyDelete