Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lately

The view from Centre Pompidou... on a clear day it's pretty magical, and this was a particularly bright and hot one...



A school near my apartment that's being renovated... they've torn down an entire wing and these mish-mash boarded-up walls are beautifully exposed in the late afternoon light...


The Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, a gorgeous mansion outside of Paris and site of the first formal French garden, and not a bad place to live (probably)...



The Promenade Plantée, an elevated walkable garden that inspired NYC's Highline...


The free permanent collection at Le Petit Palais...



Funny how art can make you feel at home. I feel that way whenever I see a Monet, and likewise when I see this Ugolino sculpture, which was my favorite piece at the Met (in marble) and when I saw it here, in bronze, I felt the visceral, grounded feeling of home.


Funny French products, the "Tampon Cookie" ("tampon" here means stamp so I guess it's like a cookie cutter)... note especially the "eat me" sign, ha! Ughhhhh...


The wonderful permanent collection at the Modern Art Museum of Paris, full of beautiful women...




(and flowers)


Me reading aloud at Paris Lit Up open mic night (note the clutched, white knuckles)...


And a weekend with my friend Rebecca, who took many selfies of us around town (and one cappuccino)...






And, finally, some more good advice...

No comments:

Post a Comment