Here is the area I've moved into, the quirky and cool nabe known as Ménilmontant...
The first day I was here, I went to a "Portes Ouvertes" or artist atelier walkabout around the neighborhood. One of the exhibitions was in the big church right down the street, the one that wakes me up with 15 minutes of bell-ringing every day (gorgeous). But the exhibition was in the church basement. I went up to the churchy part of the church, and it was completely, totally empty. Have you ever been in a completely empty church before? It's.... quiet.
What I love about Ménilmontant is all the amazing street art all around, which definitely enhances the beauty of the place. Everywhere you turn, there's some funky or fun piece of neighborhood art that jumps out to greet you...
(and I love this "Coiffure" - hair stylist - which just has plants in the window?)
You stay classy, Paris.
The last time I was in a completely empty church was when you and I snuck into that charming one on your street in NY. I'm sure you remember.
ReplyDeleteYour new 'hood looks enchanting! And most fitting for these lingering months.