You guys, I'm totally a chef. I even invented a dish - the one you see above. Do you want the recipe? It's incredibly easy to make (obviously, I made it).
Sautée some diced garlic in olive oil while you boil pasta (I used farfalle).
Throw a whole mess of chopped basil and chopped mint into the garlic/olive oil.
Quarter some cherry tomatoes whilst the basil and mint goes all wilty.
Toss the tomatoes into what's now becoming a "sauce."
Put in some salt, pepper and (if you want some spice), red pepper flakes (thanks Mom!) and a squirt of lemon juice to brighten up the flava. Toss toss toss.
Dump the farfalle in and toss, toss, toss, and then throw a generous amount of grated parmesan on and toss, toss, toss.
Sprinkle more on individual plates if desired. Serve with your cheapest bottle of red wine.
This has the mark of a true chef...such as Loretta...in its delightfully imprecise wording: "a whole mess," "a generous amount," "some," trusting us to trust ourselves.
ReplyDeleteThen it has your lyrical voice: "toss, toss, toss."
What fun. Can't wait for my own plate!