
Because it takes her, like, half an hour of "fitizeling" in the car in the driveway to be ready to drive. Also, because she says things like "fitizeling."
Because she'll drink the Manhattans I make, even if they put her throat on fire.
Not only because she knows how to have fun, be spontanteous and not take herself too seriously, but also because she believes in the kindness of strangers, including police officers, whom she befriends and inspires to escort us away from parades (batons and hats included).

Because she always, always, always has a positive attitude. Because she is one of the most selfless, generous and inspiring people I've ever known. Also because when I say things like "I can't decide if I should go to Switzerland or the UK" she just smiles and says, "Darling, don't ever become insufferable."
Because she is still the person I turn to for advice on everything from love to writing help to how long I should whip the cream before it will become whipped cream. I'm out to show the world how good her advice is.
Because she gave me my good looks.

Honestly, my mom is simply the best. I'm extremely lucky to be my mother's daughter, and luckier still to count her as a friend. I hope she spends this Mother's Day feeling the warmth of love that's traveled half the world from Paris to Arizona to shine on her, and I hope she spends it knowing how grateful my brothers and I are for her, for always.
love,
*jenna*
Now I know what it feels like to win an Oscar, become Miss America, and be named National Teacher of the Year.
ReplyDeleteI am humbled.
And blessed.
thank you, my sweet.
i love you.
mama
BTW, my head is in flames in one of those pics!