Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lunch At The Palace

Samedi dernier, mon amie Elsa invited me to her parents' house just outside of Paris for a surprise birthday barbecue for her supercopine. The house was magnificent, the company was kind, and the day was heavenly overall.

It was nice to be in a car again.




We had to get the proper materials for a 7-person barbecue, and went to a grocery store larger than even any I've seen in Arizona.


Back at chez elle, we made quick work of preparing the food so that we could spend the next two hours sitting around a table eating fromage et baguette while the boys cooked the meat.







It was a BBQ as only the French could offer: fromage et baguette, bottle after bottle of champagne, and hot dogs eaten with knife and fork (no bun).






The sunny, humid day turned quite quickly and after two drops of rain fell on our heads, we moved the whole operation to the shelter of a canopy of trees.



Pipo snatched mes lunettes when I was in the house. I think they look better on him than me!


Then we snuck off to light Charlotte's cake on fire and began singing to her. FYI, the song is the same, just different words.



She was delighted.


And the boys played with the dogs.


And the cake was like a dream for my taste buds.



I think after 7 bottles of champagne over 7 hours, everyone was quite happy, including Rillette.


avec l'amour,
*jenna*

No comments:

Post a Comment