I was going through my photos today, trying to eliminate unnecessary pics to make room on my hard drive, and went all the way back to my first trip to Paris, in 2010. I came across this pic, which made me laugh.
I remember exactly when I took this photo. It was early on in my trip and I'd been out and about and gotten completely lost. I made my way back, in a very roundabout way, to the Aubry house and I distinctly remember passing this place and taking a photo because I thought, Boy there are a lot of attractive men there. Must remember to return, if I can find it again. I never was able to find it again on that trip.
Looking at it again now, I recognize it immediately as the café that's across the street from the one where I spend 3 days a week writing. I guess I made it back after all!
I love going through all my old photos and remembering how very foreign and unfamiliar each sight was. I felt lost all the time, in a nice way. Now I look at them and can pinpoint almost exactly almost each location, and a cascade of additional memories tumbles down after the originals, making my memories of being lost feel found, familiar.
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment