Like every other major event, when July 14th came around I was thinking, "Not a big deal, at least not as big as everyone thinks, it will probably be crowded and awful." But! Like with many things in life, I was proven wrong! I managed to avoid big, bad crowds and instead spent July 14th talking about life for hours with my friend Rebecca, then bringing a bottle of wine down to the Seine (which was not crowded at all, at least in the area we went to) and watching the fireworks from our sweet spot before heading out to the Fireman's Ball (more on that in a moment).
The sun set beautifully. It's hard to capture the strange color of the evening, but it was even more beautiful than this photo can illustrate.
It was a wonderful show, and as I watched the fireworks I thought to myself, "Uh oh. I'm in love with Paris."
Paris has this tradition where every 14th of July (as well as the night before), all of the fire stations around the city host fundraisers that feature live bands, dancing, and hob-knobbing with firemen, all for a donation of any amount. We only went to one, but it was a blast! This is my new favorite thing.
Mostly because you cannot imagine how HOT the firemen are! Every single one of them!
Yes, it was crowded, but we danced the night away nevertheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment