Sunday, February 26, 2012

Self-Control Is...

... watching your 4-year-old, been-everywhere, complimented-by-everyone, out-of-production basic black boots take their final gasp - in addition to the holes in the soles, the vinyl worn away from the toes and sides, the conclusive moment was the zipper busting a tooth - watching it happen while trying on shoes at a SHOE STORE but still not buying anything, instead walking home in shame in the city of fashionistas with busted shoes, because not one pair out of the adorable dozens at the store fit just right.


We've been through a lot together, old shoes.


See you in the big walkabout in the sky.

5 comments:

  1. What? Couldn't turn them into an art project?

    I am sad to see them go. They served you well. Somewhere, there is a new right boot and left boot being put on a shelf and they anxiously await your finding them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a creature of habit, I always end up buying identical replacement shoes for one that give up the ghost. The biggest problem is that my favorite shoe designers keep changing their shoes. As part of my new out look on these things, and many others, is the next pair of perfect shoes will find you when you least except it. Until then, grab a pait that will get the job done and enjoy them.
    BTW - loving the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're both SO right. I'm the kind of shoe shopper who must feel completely in love to buy the shoes. I remember with this pair I felt compelled toward them - I drifted across the store and arrived to them as if by magnetism. I look forward to finding that feeling again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JENNA! Get the zipper fixed. I just had the zipper on my fav brown boots replaced for the second time. I cried when the zipper broke and then realized how easy it is to fix it. Cheaper than buying a new pair too. Those black boots have seen a lot! Too much to let them die so easily. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it were only the zipper I would! But with holes in the soles and in the lining, I've had 2 different shoe repair places tell me to my face I'd be better off buying new shoes. This was only the last straw.

    Luckily, the cold is beginning to flee Paris so I have until next year to find a new pair!

    ReplyDelete