Friday, January 13, 2012

Dans Le Quartier

Some snaps of my neighborhood and the surrounding Montmartre...

Just down there is my street.







"On Earth As In Heaven" wedding dress shop, whose window says, "Creating wedding dresses and dreams":








I loved sitting at this little outdoor wine bar and having a coffee, writing postcards and listening to the sloped Montmartre street passing me by, scooters and bicycles and chastising fathers walking past.


But eventually the cold pushed me inside, where I was the only soul besides the waiter, from whom I accidentally ordered a plate of meat. Just... meat.

(Not the first time that's happened. The first night I was in Italy 10 years ago I enthusiastically ordered some random thing on the menu, saying to my friends, "I have no idea what I just ordered, I just hope it's not, like, a plate of raw meat or something!" Which is exactly what it was... I think perhaps carpaccio. But the joke's on Young Jenna - now I absolutely adore carpaccio.)

No comments:

Post a Comment